Lucky Jefferson: 'Meliora' Issue - Early Bird Submission
In an effort to increase the diversity of voices published, for a limited time only, you can submit your work to our next upcoming print issue for FREE.
Early Bird Submissions will end on 10/31/20.
Upcoming Print Issue, Meliora
Submissions for this winter 2020 issue should bend the rules and challenge form; submissions should speak to the raw, healing nature of owning one’s truth, new beginnings, or the concept of ever better.
What does Meliora mean to you?
For this celebratory issue, we are interested in unpublished experimental,visual/concrete,and hybrid poetry; we tend to adore shorter poems (less than 30 lines in length). We're also looking for refreshing art (preferably comics).
*Here's an example of the types of poems we're looking for regarding poem form/structure.
- Send no more than three experimental poems in a submission. Poems should be submitted in a single file, with poems separated by titles or page breaks.
- We only desire experimental poetry for this issue. (concrete, hybrid, micro, and flash poems, etc.)
- Include a short and sweet cover page highlighting: your name, email address, mailing address, and bio (third-person, 50 words max). Get creative; don't bore us with the same bio you share with everyone else.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please let us know if we can't publish something okay? Cause we catch feelings fast.
- No translations or work that has been previously published in print or online.
- Pleaseabsolutelyno sexually explicit poems or works highlighting extreme violence, racism, antisemitism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, insta poems or love poems. We're hopeless romantics, but we're not interested in printing romance unless it's a unique perspective.
*If you'd like to support our work during Early Bird Submissions, we appreciate any and all donations received. Donations help us print and ship issues, afford tech, and continue to teach students in our internship programs.