The 365 Collection
Lucky Jefferson happily accepts unsolicited submissions of poetry year-round into its 365 Collection, a 100% digital collection of poetry and other literature. Upon acceptance, submissions will be included on our website and social media account(s).
Writers looking to be published in upcoming print issues should plan to submit their work to the appropriate form during open calls—Next upcoming print issue: Cookout.
- Send no more than three poems in a submission. Poems should be separated by titles or page breaks.
- Flash fiction should not exceed any more than 1000 words (Microfiction is what's up).
- Include a cover page highlighting your name, email address, mailing address, and bio (third-person, 50 words max). Keep it brief, but get creative; don't bore us with the same bio you share with everyone else.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please let us know if we can't publish something okay? Cause we catch feelings fast.
- We do not accept translations or work that has been previously published in print or online. Black, Indigenous, and people of color identifying writers are encouraged to submit as we continue to prioritize these communities in our ongoing work.
- Please absolutely no sexually explicit poems or works highlighting extreme violence, racism, antisemitism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, insta poems or love poems. We're hopeless romantics, but we're not interested in printing romance unless it's a unique perspective.
We encourage you to make a donation with your submission to help us keep this ship sailing. Your contribution fuels the publication of Lucky Jefferson as we are a budding independent journal with an all-volunteer staff.
Poets accepted into the 365 Collection will receive a spot on our website and social media love. Previously accepted poets/writers should wait 2 quarters, from the time of acceptance, before submitting new work to any open call.